Monday, November 8, 2010

8W6D (I'm crazy!) انا ماسهنونا

I’m going crazy. By the time I leave here I’ll know a little bit of every language. I have dedicated my free time to learning Tunisan Arabic, but the people I’ve been around speak Arabic, Tunisian Arabic, French and Italian so they switch back and forth easily between these languages creating a melting pot of languages in my head. Today we cooked some fish at the house and had a nice lunch.

If I can’t communicate in one language, I find myself switching to another language to compensate and even find my Korean sneaking in there occasionally!

One thing is for sure – Americans really are trapped in their little bubble of the United States of America when it comes to being able to speak any other language besides English. Lucky for us, English is still the business language of the world…


No comments:

Post a Comment