Sunday, October 24, 2010

6W5D "Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes"

"So many faces in and out of my life
Some will last
Some will just be now and then
Life is a series of hellos and goodbyes"
-Billy Joel

I was on a rooftop tonight overlooking a street in Cairo and thinking about how long I have been here and that I will soon be leaving what I've called "home" for the past 7 weeks for Tunisia.

Billy Joel perfectly sums up what I've felt like the past 8 years of my life has been. All the traveling and moving has introduced me to many great people but with my free spirited lifestyle, I've also have had to say goodbye many times. Of course, it is not a permanent goodbye, as I always manage to either run into friends unexpectedly in other parts of the world or we make yearly visits to see each other.

This past week has been filled with numerous visits to Islamic Cairo to a point where I can confidently say that yours truly, "MissDirection," knows this part of Cairo as well as she knows how to make cream puffs in her sleep. ^_^

As a result, instead of boring you with day by day synopsis and analysis of architectural sights, the last few posts have been about my thoughts on life. Hope you have enjoyed it. Goodbye for now and stay tuned for my next post from Tunisia. :-)

No comments:

Post a Comment